Dependable tips and tricks to crack JEE
Joint Entrance Exam popularly known as JEE is an engineering exam that facilitates admission in various engineering colleges and courses of India through the rank scored in this exam. The exam is an all India common entrance exam for engineering. It is one of the most competitive and challenging exam for engineering India. JEE is divided into two parts, JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. JEE Mains is conducted for admissions in IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology) and NITs (National Institute of Technology) while JEE Advanced is for admissions in IITs (India Institute of Technology) and ISMs (Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad).
Every year numerous students give JEE for admissions in engineering college of their choice but only few are lucky enough to crack the exam in first attempt and secure seat. Here are few tips and tricks that will definitely help in getting through the exam in first attempt:
- Know the exam: First step is to know every minute detail related to the entrance exam so that you know the exam pattern, syllabus, marking scheme and other important information before starting the preparation. If you have clear understanding of the exam and its difficulty level then it would be easier for you to analyze your preparation.
- JEE Divisions: As mentioned above, JEE exam is segregated in two parts, JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. Although both the exams cover the same core subjects of engineering that are Math, Science and Technology but the difficulty level of both very different. Therefore, you must be thorough with the JEE Advanced Syllabus as well as JEE Mains Syllabus, to prepare effectively for the exam.
- Preparation: To begin preparation for JEE, start with the fundamentals. The basics taught in twelfth forms the core of the higher studies. Therefore, thoroughly prepare the 12th syllabus and then move on to other reference books for JEE exam. One can also join coaching classes that help you prepare for the exam thoroughly by providing useful and easy study material and by conducting mock tests frequently to help students analyze their preparation.
- Exam pattern: To learn about the exam pattern it is advisable to use JEE official website. The website clearly states important information such as exam syllabus, JEE Advanced registration and JEE Mains registration dates, marking scheme, eligibility criteria for exam etc. It also updates any important changes made by the exam authorities.
- Dedication, focus and hard work: Last but not the least if you truly wish to be a part of the engineering institutes that have global recognition then you will have to dedicate yourself for the preparation of the exam. You will have to take a break from all diversions like social media, pear groups etc while preparing for the exam as if you indulge in these activities you might lose the focus and precious time needed for preparation. As they say hard work is the key to success, leave no stone unturned to prepare yourself to crack JEE in first go!
- Important information: Keep a track of all important dates and information published by the authorities about the exam. For instance form submission dates, JEE Advanced admit card etc.
It is important to know,, that JEE is one of the most challenging exam but there are many engineering entrance conducted by various institutes on state and national level to facilitate admission. Therefore, if you prepare for JEE, chances are that you might clear other engineering entrance exam which will widen your choice of colleges. Here is the list other entrance exams for engineering apart from JEE:
- AIEEE (All India Engineering Architecture Entrance Exam)
- BITSAT ( Birla Institute of Technology and Science admission Test)
- ENAT (EPSI National Admission Test)
- VITEEE ( Vellore institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam)
- NAT ( National Aptitude Test)
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering)
- COMEDK ( Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka)
- KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Exam)
- WAT (Written Admission Test)
- EAMCET ( Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Exam)
All these exam have different patterns and seat allotment system. For instance EAMCET seat allotment for different courses will be different then other institutes conducting the exam.