Levels of testosterone in women: “High and Low”
Testosterone the most important hormone in both man and woman but the level of it differ from each other. In young women, it is generally produced by the ovaries along with some other hormone and in men, it is generally produced by testes but the most important testosterone in women produced by the adrenal gland at the adolescence period. There are various ways to measure the testosterone level but for the kind information, the level of testosterone among men is high as compared to women testosterone. Now, if someone goes biologically then considered the total amount of testosterone produced by the women as 100% which is distributed as follows:
66% of the testosterone produced by women are bound tightly to a protein called sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG)
33% of the testosterone is again bound to another protein called albumin.
And at last only (1-2) % of the testosterone is likely to be free and it circulates within the blood of the young women.
However, the above one is the basic knowledge about the testosterone in women. But the question why it is important? The only reason is that in women it plays key role in making estrogen. Testosterone level varies depending on the situation, but in minimal level, as compared to men because men always have the high level of testosterone but both of them produce a very small amount of it from the adrenal cortex.
The levels of testosterone in females can give rise to many sign and symptoms whether it is high or low. There is various method to measure the level of testosterone but the testosterone must be measured with ideal blood i.e. between 8-10 a.m. morning but remember whenever the menstruation period commences just after the 8 days of the commencement one should measure the level of testosterone for women only.
The sign or symptoms of Low testosterone in women can give rise to numerous health related issue, they are as follows:
- Decreases the potentialities or fatigue
- Not able to sleep properly
- Unexplained increased in weight
- Reduces the level of sex desire or lesser the feeling of libido.
- Increased in weight especially around the abdomen
- Dryness of vaginal part and pain during the sexual intercourse.
These are the symptoms of low testosterone level in women which causes much health related issue they are as follows:
- Malfunctioning of other hormones (pituitary gland and hypothalamus gland)
- Affects the physical and emotional health of women
- And other health related issues.
It is quite to notice that the level of testosterone if high it also significantly have some adverse effect on the women internal as well as external but before that let’s know symptoms of high testosterone in women:
- Thinning hair or loss of hair
- Irregularity or cessation of menstruation cycle (this apply to only those women who have never experienced menstruation cycle.
- Increase in body weight especially around the hip and middle portion of the body
High testosterone may lead to various health related issues such as mentioned below:
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Adrenal Diseases such as imbalance level of delicate hormone and late-onset congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
- Cushing’s Syndrome
However, for both the problems whether the high or low level of testosterone in women can be cured and overcome. There are numerous treatment and procedure of solving the problem of testosterone in women at affordable prices. The company has a group of expertise and years of experience in this regard with the best client reviews.